Recipe for Smashed Brinjal (Baigan Ka Bharta)
from the kitchen of Bihar
This page provides the recipe for Litti, a popular dish of Bihar,
India. This mouth watering traditional dish can be consumed long
after being prepared, and is quiet frequntly used while travelling.
||According to Taste
||Mustard Oil (Sarson ka Tel) / Refined Oil
(Serves 4 People)
- At first roast a big brinjal
directly on fire. Roast till the outter skin turns black. Make sure to
rotate it slowly to avoid any deep burn.
- Let it cool a bit and then peel off its outer roasted skin.
- Mash the peeled off brinjal
- Fry the mashed brinjal with mustard, garlic and ginger in little oil.
Traditionally mustard oil is used but refined oil is also fine.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Keep frying it till it gets brown in colour.
Your smashed brinjal (baigan ka bharta) is ready. . .